Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Thanksgiving Day Parade, a poem by Jack Prelutsky


WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I was asked if I would watch Lilly, my neighbor's 6 year-old, for a little while the other day, and I brought over It's Thanksgiving! to read. We had a lot of fun going over all the poems but the hands down favorite was the poem about the Thanksgiving Day Parade, probably because of the TV hype.

The poem did generate some interesting conversation, especially about the balloons. Lilly and her mom were planning on going over to the Museum of Natural History where the balloons are inflated the day before Thanksgiving and it is almost as big a deal here in NYC as the parade is.

Some of the balloons mentioned weren't familiar to Lilly, but she didn't seem to mind and loved the poem anyway, so I thought I would share it with everyone today:

Luckily, no rain has been forecast the the parade this year. Wishing everyone a wonderful day of good food, good company, and good fun.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched the parade on tv for ages and ages. I love thinking of the adventure of watching the balloons blown up. Thank you for mentioning the name of this blog in your comment. I somehow lost track of the name and have been wracking my brain trying to remember. Now RR is on my blog list and I will visit more often.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs