Monday, February 19, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's Monday! What are you reading? - from Picture Books to YA is a kid lit focused meme just like the original and is hosted weekly by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. The purpose is the same: to recap what you have read/reviewed and plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. Twitter: #IMWAYR
Last week's book adventures included: 
and
and 

I've also read but have not reviewed:
Clayton Byrd Goes Underground 
by Rita Williams-Garcia

One True Way 
by Shannon Hitchcock

Brave Red, Smart Frog: A New Book of Old Tales
by Emily Jenkins

And I am in the midst of reading: 
A Banquet of Hungry Ghosts: A Collection of Deliciously 
Frightening Tales by Ying Chang Compestine
We are also in the midst of reading and talking about some wonderful picture books for Chinese New Year, which I hope to post about before the week is over.

Have you read anything exciting this week?

4 comments:

  1. I read about the Heroes book recently & it sounds great. I loved learning more about Newbery in Balderdash. He did a lot for children's lit. And I loved Clayton Byrd, courage & the stories in Brave Red, Smart Frog, lots of fun! I looked up One True Way, will be sure to find it when it comes out. Thanks for so many good picks, Alex! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and loved Balderdash! recently.
    I'm waiting for The Grave's a Fine and Private Place. I have it on hold as an audiobook because I've listened to Jayne Entwhistle narrate most of them and her voice is now part of my Flavia experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Balderdash, such a well-done example of nonfiction done well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Banquet for Hungry Ghosts and had the wondrous opportunity to interview the author Ying Chang Compestine here in Singapore - and gave her a bit of a tour as well when she returned for the Asian Festival of Children's Content - she has a new picturebook out this year, too - The Chinese Emperor's New Clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs