Wednesday, January 6, 2021

#MustReadin2021 - A Reading Challenge

 

#MustReadin2021 is a reading challenge that originated with Carrie Gelson at There's a Book for That and is now being co-hosted by Cheriee Weichel at Library Matters and Leigh Ann Eck at A Day in the Life. The idea is to finally read the books still sitting on your To Be Read shelves. The beauty of this challenge is that there is no set number of books, any genre and category works.

I'm a little late signing up for this reading challenge, but that seems to be my modus operandi lately.  Most of the books I show here are picture books I have been able to share with my young readers despite the pandemic, but they are books that I haven't had a chance to share with my blog readers. I'm hoping #MustReadIn2021 will provide the impetus I need to do that. I do have some middle grade fiction to read but they are Cybils finalists and since I'm a second round judge, I can't talk about them until after February 14th, when the winners are announced - always an exciting day.

Thank you, Cheriee and Leigh Ann for hosting this reading challenge and I wish everyone a very Happy New Year.






3 comments:

  1. I have a few of these on my TBR, too, Alex. Don't have a goal, just a plan to tackle the picture book pile this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us! I have not created my list yet, and I seem to add more to it after reading everyone else's list. You have some wonderful picture books here, and I hope you share your MG list after the 14th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't add any of my Cybil's titles to my list eather (except the one that was already on my list before the finalists were announced) I've got some of these picture books on my list this year too. I adored Salma the Syrian Chef and I am Every Good Thing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs