Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? #3


It's Monday! What are you reading? is the original weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  It's Monday! What are you reading? - from Picture Books to YA is a kidlit focused meme just like the original and is hosted weekly by Teach Mentor Texts.  The purpose is the same: to recap what you have read and/or reviewed and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week.

Last week, I finished reading two middle grade novels, one is old favorite and one has just been published, but both were excellent and reviews will follow shortly:


1- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
2- Soldier Dog by Sam Angus

This week I have an abundance of reading from picture books to YA, literally:


1- In Andal's House by Gloria Whelan
2- Brick by Brick by Charles R. Smith, Jr.
3- Building Our House by Jonathan Bean

1- The Hero of Ticonderoga by Gail Gauthier
2- Bo at Ballard Creek by Kirkpatrick Hill
3- The Vine Basket by Josanne La Valley

1- Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo

What are you reading?


3 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've read The Witch of Blackbird Pond - but I recall that novel leaving such a huge impact on me - I enjoyed it greatly. Kind of reminded me a little bit of The Crucible. :) Thanks for sharing all these, Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building Our House is such a great book.. love the others on your shelf too. We are reading A Hundred Dresses by Elenor Estes and Ivy/Bean chapter books. Waiting for some picture books from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Brick by Brick several weeks ago and added it to my Buy list for library books next fall. It is very well crafted. I love this type of historical referencing. THe Hero of Ticonderoga appeals to me too. Is that where the best pencils are made?

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs