Saturday, January 4, 2014

Cybils and Reading Challenges (cont)




First up...
The shortlist for the Cybils was announced this week and it is going to be a hard decision for 2ns round judges.  All the contenders are just so good.  This year, I am happy to be a 2nd round judge in the Middle Grade Fiction category and I am looking forward to [re]reading the books that were chosen by the 1st round judges.  You can view the complete list of all the books in all the categories on the Cybils website.



Next...
I wished it and now my wish has come true - Alyson Beecher has announced the 2014 Nonfiction Picture Book Reading Challenge but with a twist.  This year you can read not just nonfiction picture book, but also middle grade and YA nonfiction.  If you would like to know more about this or if you would like to participate, you can find the details over at Kid Lit Frenzy.  This was a fun reading challenge last year and it got me to read more nonfiction than I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs