Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday Roundup #1: Other Books I Read, Rated But Didn't Review This Week

I read a lot of books each week for this blog, for my other blog The Children's War, which specialized in books written for kids and teens about World War II and for a book committee I am on, so I thought I would share some of the books I read and rated, but haven't reviewed here on Saturdays.

This week's books are



Penguin and Pumpkin by Salina Yoon
A book about fall, but too complicated for the young readers it is meant for.




Frederick by Leo Lionni    A Step 3 Step into Reading Book
Winter is coming and all the mice are preparing for it except Frederick.
Or is he?


I Remember Beirut by Zeina Abiracmed
In this powerful graphic novel, the author recalls what life was like growing up in
Beirut during war between the Christians and the Muslims in the 1980s.




Jack by Tomie DePaola
A lovely story and somewhere on each page is a 
wonderful homage to nursery rhymes and fairy tales.
See how many you can find!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs