Monday, November 9, 2015

It's Monday! What are you reading? #17


It's Monday! What are you reading? is the original weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, but is now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date It's Monday! What are you reading? - from Picture Books to YA is a kidlit focused meme just like the original and is hosted weekly by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers .  The purpose is the same: to recap what you have read and/or reviewed and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week.

What I read last week the following books, which I hope to review soon:


Picture Books:
1- A Bear's Year by Kathy Duval
2- A Tower of Giraffes by Anna Wright
4- Nubs: The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine and a Miracle by Major Brian Dennis, Kirby Larson and Mary Nethery


Middle Grade:
1- In the Footsteps of Crazy Horse by Joseph Marshall III
2- Soon (Book 5 of the Felix and Zelda series) by Morris Gleitzman

This week, I am hoping to read: 

Middle Grade:
1- Confessions of an Imaginary Friend by Michelle Cuevas
2- The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste
3- Look Both Ways in the Barrio, Blanco by Judith Robbins Rose
4- Sitting Bull: Lakota Warrior and Defender of his People by S.D. Nelson


What are you reading this week?

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of reading! I have Nubs in my media center collection but haven't read it yet. You can see what I read here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of reading! Thanks for recommending The Jumbies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Nubs, Crow Made A Friend, and Sitting Bull (just out I see). I've also read A Bear's Year & will review next week. I enjoyed the simplicity so much. Thanks Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Alex, I didn't realize that Morris Gleitzman had more books after Once, Then, and Now! Two more additional titles, huh? I didn't love the trilogy as much as I thought I would, so that was a shocker to most of my Australian friends who swear by Gleitzman, I hope the books picked up more in the fourth and fifth instalment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the illustrations in Crow Made A Friend. I have never heard of the Morris Gleitzman series, but I am going to try and rustle up a copy of Once and get started on it. Thanks for turning me on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What, sounds like you had a great reading week! I can't wait to read some of your reviews! The Jumbies looks eery, I'd love to have a look at it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs