Monday, November 19, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?


 It's Monday! What are you reading? - from picture books to YA is a kidlit meme hosted
weekly by Jen at Teacher Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers.
The purpose is to recap what you have read and/or reviewed and to plan out 
your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. Twitter #IMWAYR

Last week was a bit of a lost cause for me. An ugly bug was going around school and I picked it up and ended up in bed for 5 days. It meant that I missed hear Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Maira Kalman talking about their new book, Bold & Brave: Ten Heroes Who Won Women the Right to Vote, at Bank Street School, which I was very sorry about.

On a better note, my Kiddo is coming home Thursday morning. She lives in Oakland, CA and I'm glad she'll be getting away from all the smoke. After the holidays. she's off to teach again in Shanghai, China. 

Read and Reviewed (links are to my reviews):



This week's upcoming reviews:
Thank You, Omu! written and illustrated by Oge Mora

We Are Grateful
Otsaliheliga • ᏍᏟᎵᎮᎵᎦ by Traci Sorell, illustrated by Frané Lessac

We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands
written and illustrated by Rafael López

Rettie and the Ragamuffin Parade, A Thanksgiving Story
by Trinka Hakes Noble, illustrated by David C. Gardner

Currently reading: 
Lu (Book #4 of Track) by Jason Reynolds

Wishing Everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've been ill. Ugh! But you've sure read some fabulous books this week. I really enjoyed Grenade -- so engaging. I can't wait to get my hands on Thank You, Omu! We still don't have it in my neck of the woods. And I've liked all of the books in Reynold's Track series, so I can't wait for Lu. Thanks for all the shares this week, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, sorry about your illness, guessing you are better now. I can't wait to read Grenade, love Alan Gratz' books. We Are Grateful is lovely and I need to read Thank You, Omu, so many have shared it. Thanks, Alex, and hope all continues to be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you've been ill. I can certainly sympathize. I was thrilled to see Traci Sorrell's book here, We Are Grateful. I was privileged enough to meet her in 2017 at the Highlights Foundation. She's a beautiful human being.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs