Monday, April 29, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? - from picture books to YA is a kidlit meme hosted weekly by Jen at Teacher Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. The purpose is to recap what you have read and/or reviewed and to plan out your reading for the upcoming week. Twitter #IMWAYR

I've been kinda keeping a low profile the last two weeks while my Kiddo was home, visiting from Qingdao, China, where she is a teacher. She goes back today, and I sure am going to miss her, even though I speak with her all the time, thanks to WeChat.

I read and reviewed Pop-Up Shakespeare by the Reduced Shakespeare Company, which was a lot of fun and informative at the same time:

I read the following, but have not posted my review yet:

Genesis Begins Again by Alicia D. Williams
Atheneum BFYR, 2019, 400 pages

The Last Last-Day-of-Summer by Lamar Giles,
illustrated by Dapo Adeola
Versify, 2019, 304 pages

White Rose by Kip Wilson
Versify, 2019, 368 pages

Caterpillar Summer by Gillian McDunn
Bloomsbury, 2019, 304 pages

Upcoming reads: lots of picture books


What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, it must be so difficult to send your daughter back to China. I hope you had a wonderful visit (and yes, thank goodness for online options to chat!!). The only book on your list that I haven't either read or placed on my list is White Rose, so I'm off to read more on this title. I'm really looking forward to reading Pop-Up Shakespeare -- and this week I'll start Caterpillar Summer after hearing so many lovely things. Have a great reading week, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to say goodbye, hope you'll get to visit sometime! I've read other accounts of White Rose, so will be interested in seeing how this one goes. Looking forward to Caterpillar Summer. Genesis Begins Again is new to me, will look for it! I have a few picture books in your stack, smile every time I see I Can Only Draw Worms-great title! Thanks, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Caterpillar Summer! Made me wish I had grandparents who lived in a beach house! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some great picture books in your stack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture books!
    Looking forward to reading your reviews to all of the books you pictured. Some are in my stack. Some I loved - Caterpillar Summer is definitely a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those days when my son was teaching in Korea. Every time we said goodbye it felt like my heart was being wrenched from me. Thanks for all these new to me books!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs