Monday, July 8, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading? Catching Up on my TBR 📚 Pile

It's Monday! What are you reading? is weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date.  It's Monday! What are you reading? - from Picture Books to YA is a kidlit focused meme hosted weekly by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing ReadersThe purpose is the same: to recap what you have read and/or reviewed and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. #IMWAYR

The local branch of the New York Public Library that I use has been closed this past week due broken air conditioning. It meant all my holds are unavailable until they reopen and I decided it would be a good time to start reading some of the books I have on my TBR pile. 

This week I read and reviewed 
by Tim Federle

by Marcus Sutter 
and I read but haven't yet reviewed 
Stolen Girl by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch
This is a companion book to Making Bombs for Hitler and

Can You Crack the Code? 
A Fascinating History of Ciphers and Cryptography
by Ella Schwartz

This is the Zayd Saleem, Chasing the Dream Trilogy 
by Hena Khan 

This week my young readers and I will be reading some picture books about summer and some about the moon landing. I will hopefully be able to continue to make a dent in my TBR pile, which seems to grow bigger by the day.

What have you read and what are you planning to read this week?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the library! I haven't read any of the 'Nate' book since the first one, know they would be good reads, but "time!" I noted Soldier Dogs from your sharing on twitter (I think), will look for that one, think I would like it. Thanks, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. My library was closed for three months while they had work done on the roof parking lot. At least my reserves were sent to a different place, but instead of walking distance, I had to either drive or take the bus. I am so glad it is open again! I got distracted by Stolen Girl. I think it was previously published in 2010 as Stolen Child. I'm wondering if she has changed the story in any way since then. Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch writes well. I hadn't heard of The War Below, but think this one might also be known as Underground Soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A week without the library is rough. This coming weekend is a huge tourist attraction in my community, so they've already put out notices that they will not be working the circulation desk as all personnel will be running tourist programs. For a moment I had a little panic, but then realized we have MORE than enough new books at home to keep us busy. LOL Anyway, Can You Crack the Code? is new to me. I have a couple kiddos who might really enjoy this one. I'm adding it to my list. Thanks for all the shares and have a great week, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great post. I am hoping to read some Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch's books this summer, I had a student recommend a few that we had picked up for our libraries at the school. Glad your library is open again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I didn't even know there's a third Nate book out by Tim Federle. I adored the first two! Thanks, Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember suffering through a library renovation. The pain! Looks like you had a good reading week using supplies at home though

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs