Monday, July 29, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? is weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date.  It's Monday! What are you reading? - from Picture Books to YA is a kidlit focused meme hosted weekly by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing ReadersThe purpose is the same: to recap what you have read and/or reviewed and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. #IMWAYR

I've been somewhat out of commission the last few weeks due to some computer related problems like tech neck, shoulders, arms, and wrists. I have done some blogging but mostly I've just been reading.

This past week I read and reviewed:

and a wonderful book about the ocean

I read but haven't reviewed:

The Good Luck Cat by Joy Harjo,
illustrated by Paul Lee
Joy Harjo is the United State's newest and first Native American Poet Laureate 

Greenglass House by Kate Milford 
and now can't wait to read The Ghosts of Greenglass House

Honeybees and Frenemies by Kristi Wientge

War is Over by David Almond,
illustrated by David Litchfield
David Almond is one of my very favorite authors

Right now, I am in the midst of reading:
A Place to Belong by Cynthia Kadohata

My next book to read and review is:
Pie in the Sky by Remy Lai

That's my reading week, what are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your computer related problems, but happy to hear you got some great reading done. I've heard incredibly things about A Place to Belong, so I can't wait to get started on that one. I had to return Pie in the Sky this month when I ran out of time, but it's supposed to be really good, too! Thanks for all these shares and I hope you have a wonderful reading week, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Pie in the Sky. Hope you enjoy it. I had a compulsion to bake while reading it. I also loved Greenglass House but have never managed to get to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the tech-related problems. Hope you find some relief in some ways, Alex. I loved Greenglass Summer, will look for that new Ocean book, among others, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add that I love David Almond, too, have pleased many a reader with Skellig! Thanks for this new title!

      Delete
  4. I also enjoyed Greenglass House, but the sequel was not quite as good for me. There is a newer one coming out soon but the title baffles me at the moment. I am really hoping to read Camp Tiger soon. Lots of other great shares too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs